Pass the Illinois Permit Test the first time with our FREE Illinois Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!
1. Where should the lap belt be placed?
2. When you exit a high-speed, two-lane roadway, you must ____ if you have traffic following you.
3. If you are arrested with a ba of .08 or more, your license is automatically suspended for ____ months if you've never had such an arrest before.
4. What effect does drinking alcohol and taking a prescription drug or over the counter medicine have
5. If your vehicle breaks down, you should:
6. A steady green light at an intersection means that you:
7. You are going to make a left turn from a dedicated left-turn lane when a yellow arrow appears for your lane. you should:
8. Which of these is the proper way to change lanes?
9. A driver holding a class a license may drive a vehicle with a combined weight rating of ____ lbs or more.
10. When can you drive using only your parking lights?
11. You are driving in the middle lane on a 3 lane expressway. a car begins to pass you on the right. the actions of that driver are
12. What does a driver need to do before approaching a curve?
13. At an intersection controlled by a stop sign, if you can't get a good view of cross-street traffic when you stop behind the white top bar painted on the pavement, you should:
14. When entering an interstate highway from the acceleration lane, you must
15. To help avoid crashes, you should:
16. What should you do if a tire blows out while you are driving?
17. A merge sign means drivers should be prepared to change lanes or allow other traffic to come into their lane.
18. You must not turn around on curves and hills, unless you can see for at least ____ in all directions.
19. Cellphone use while driving is permitted as long as the driver is using a hands-free device.
20. All vehicles are required to stop within how many feet of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing when a train is approaching?
Illinois DMV Driving Test