Delaware DMV Driving Test

Pass the Delaware Permit Test the first time with our FREE Delaware Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!

1. Delaware law and the driver's manual do not say who has the right-of-way. they do say:
2. Children under what age and/or weight must use a child safety seat or booster seat?
3. ____ may be used in work zones in both day and night to guide drivers into certain traffic lanes.
4. Which of the following is not a required occasion for headlight use?
5. This sign with a black figure on an orange background indicates
6. Who has the right-of-way at an intersection with no crosswalks?
7. If you a fail a test and need to retake it, you must ____.
8. What is the second step in obtaining a delaware vehicle/title registration?
9. How much is the fee for a replacement license?
10. Which of the following statements is true about BAC (blood alcohol content)
11. You may cross double yellow lines to pass another vehicle if the
12. A steady yellow light means that a ____ light will soon appear.
13. When parked on any hill, you should always set your parking brake and:
14. The speed limit in school zones is:
15. While driving on a roadway with single broken white line markings:
16. You must make a report after an accident when damage to one of the vehicles is over $500:
17. If a driver behind you repeatedly flashes his/her headlights, you should
18. Large trucks are most likely to lose speed:
19. You may not cross a single broken white (or yellow) line
20. When driving a vehicle, unbalanced tires or low tire pressure can cause

Delaware DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Delaware, you must have a motorcycle (M) endorsement on your driver license. The state does not issue separate licenses for motorcycles. Licensing services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). An M endorsement permits you to operate motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, and scooters on public roads. You may also apply for a temporary motorcycle permit before earning your endorsement. Permits are valid for six months, and they can be extended once for an additional six months. If you are a minor, you must follow the graduated driver license (GDL) program for licensing.

To receive an M endorsement if you are under 18, you must have a valid Class D driver's license, complete a driver's education course, bring the proper documentation, including your application and parental consent, pass the vision screening, pay the fees, and complete a state-approved motorcycle rider course. The course includes a written exam. For applicants who are over 18, you must bring your documentation, a completed application, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening. Additionally, you have the option of completing a motorcycle rider education program or taking the written and road skills tests. Tests are scheduled through the DMV.

The written exam contains 25 questions about basic motorcycle skills and driving techniques found in the Delaware Motorcycle Operator Manual. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle road skills test covers four primary exercises, including starting, turning, accelerating, and braking. You must pass both tests to receive your M endorsement.