Washington DMV Driving Test

Pass the Washington Permit Test the first time with our FREE Washington Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!

1. You may park or stop along the shoulder of the freeway:
2. Which of the following right-of-way rules is not true?
3. On slippery roads, you should:
4. You should use your vehicle's horn when:
5. Teenage drivers are more likely to be involved in a crash when:
6. Where should you start making a u-turn when driving on a divided street with multiple lanes in your direction?
7. Which of the following statements is not true about blind spots?
8. Drinking coffee after drinking alcohol
9. You must yield the right-of-way to an emergency vehicle by:
10. Who has the right-of-way when a vehicle approaches a pedestrian at an intersection with no crosswalks?
11. When driving at 55 mph, you will require ____ to pass another vehicle.
12. If you are repeatedly convicted of a traffic violation:
13. What are the consequences that can result from driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
14. What is the wrong thing to do at night when using your high beams?
15. A solid yellow line on your side of the center line means:
16. At an intersection controlled by a stop sign, if you can't get a good view of cross-street traffic when you stop behind the white top bar painted on the pavement, you should:
17. What does this yellow-colored sign indicate?
18. Orange colored signs and flags mean that you must be alert for:
19. You may not pass another car on either side of a ____ centerline.
20. When you see a stopped school bus with flashing red lights in your driving lane, you must

Washington DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Washington, you must have a motorcycle endorsement on your current license or a motorcycle permit. Endorsements and permits are issued by the Department of Licensing (DOL). You can apply for a motorcycle permit or a 2-wheel or 3-wheel motorcycle endorsement at age 16. A motorcycle permit or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.

You can receive a 2-wheel or 3-wheel motorcycle endorsement either by applying for a motorcycle permit or by completing an approved motorcycle safety course. To receive your permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, hold a valid Washington driver's license, pass the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive your motorcycle endorsement, you must submit the required documentation, pass the riding skills exam, and pay the fees. Applicants who are under 18 must also complete an approved rider course. You can also receive the motorcycle endorsement if you successfully complete an approved motorcycle safety course, submit the required documentation, and pay the fees. If you complete a motorcycle safety course, the DOL tests will be waived.

Tests are scheduled through the DOL. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.