Pass the Maryland Permit Test the first time with our FREE Maryland Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!
1. When is stopping on the shoulder of the interstate permissible?
2. Why do mile markers exist?
3. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
4. What does a flashing yellow signal mean on a traffic light?
5. When turning left at an intersection:
6. ____ on your side of the road indicates a no-passing zone.
7. If you come up behind a vehicle with a slow moving vehicle emblem in a no passing zone, what should you do?
8. When can you drive using only your parking lights?
9. Before turning left, the right-of-way should be given to oncoming cars:
10. What should you do when you are driving in thick fog with almost no visibility?
11. Who can be issued a provisional driver's license?
12. Which of these is a good way to spot driving hazards?
13. If you are following a truck that swings left before making a right turn at an intersection, you should remember that it is very dangerous to:
14. On average, the human body can dispose of the alcohol in 12 oz of beer in about
15. When your vehicle is skidding, what should you do?
16. Texting while driving a motor vehicle is:
17. As the percentage of alcohol (bac) in your blood increases, you become:
18. You must yield the right-of-way to an approaching vehicle when you are
19. If your vehicle starts to hydroplane, you should:
20. You want to go into a store to make a quick purchase. you should:
To operate a motorcycle in Maryland, you must have a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA). At age 15 years and nine months, you can apply for a motorcycle learner's permit. At age 16 ½, you can apply for a Class M license or endorsement. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. If you are a new driver under the age of 18, you must complete a driver's education course. New drivers, regardless of age, must also pass the Class C Maryland knowledge exam. To receive a Class M license or motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the driving test, and pay the fees. Applicants under the age of 18 must also complete a motorcycle driver safety course. The knowledge and driving tests are waived for drivers over the age of 18 who complete the course.
The tests are taken at your local MVA. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions on motorcycle safety and driving skills. You must answer 22 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills exam is a demonstration of the skills needed to operate a motorcycle. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.