Arizona DMV Driving Test

Pass the Arizona Permit Test the first time with our FREE Arizona Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!

1. When another driver passes you on the left, you must ____ till the vehicle passes.
2. Under what circumstances is it permissible to have an open container of a beverage in a moving vehicle?
3. When you park on the roadway, you should:
4. When passing a large vehicle, do not pull back in front of the vehicle until you can see its
5. A steady yellow light means that a ____ light will soon appear.
6. The road is most slippery
7. When driving around a roundabout about what speed should you be going?
8. When should you yield to other vehicles on a green light?
9. ____ show parking spaces for persons with disabilities.
10. Which of the following would best improve traffic flow?
11. Which of the following blocks the smooth flow of traffic?
12. Vehicles approaching a roundabout must
13. A steady green light at an intersection means that you:
14. What is the basic speed law?
15. If you are driving on a two-lane road, it is safest to drive your vehicle ____ of your lane.
16. If there are double solid yellow lines in the center of the roadway, you:
17. When you approach a flashing yellow light at an intersection, you must
18. What should you do if you miss your exit on the highway?
19. You should put on your turn signal at least ____ before you turn.
20. When you drive through a construction zone, you should:

Arizona DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Arizona, you must have a Class M license or an endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Department of Transportation (ADOT). The state offers a motorcycle instruction permit, Class M motorcycle license, a Class G graduated driver license (GDL) with an endorsement, and a Class D license with an endorsement. These licenses allow drivers to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped. Minors must hold the motorcycle instruction permit for at least six months before applying for a license. At age 15 ½, you can apply for an instruction permit, and at age 16, you can apply for a Class M license or a Class G license with an endorsement. You can receive a Class D license with an endorsement at 18 or older.

To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, license, or endorsement, you must submit your documentation, pass the vision screening and written test, complete an application, and pay the fees. Minors applying for a license or endorsement also need to submit proof that they completed the required coursework and driving hours. Class M, G, and D licenses with an endorsement all require a motorcycle skills test.

Tests are scheduled through the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD). The written exam contains 30 questions about how to prepare to ride, vehicle control, and motorcycle safety. You must answer 24 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills test is a 10-15 minute test demonstrating your ability to operate your motorcycle. You can attempt to pass the test three times before you must pay another application fee.